2014 Fourth of July celebrations
A Capitol Fourth 2014
This year’s "A Capitol Fourth" is from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and will be broadcast on PBS. It will be hosted by Tom Bergeron and feature National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of conductor Jack Everly.The performers include:
The concert is free and open to the public. No tickets are necessary.Organizers share the following tips for those planning to attend the event:
- Frankie Valli
- John Williams
- Patti Labelle
- Phillip Phillips
- Jordin Sparks
- Michael McDonald
- Sara Evans
- The Muppets
- Kendall Schmidt
- Kelli O'Hara
- Jack Everly
- National Symphony Orchestra
- Choral Arts Society of Washington
- The U.S. Army Band's "Pershing's Own"
- The U.S. Army Herald Trumpets
- The U.S. Army Presidential Salute Battery
- The Joint Armed Forces Chorus
- Military District of Washington
- The general admission gates for the West Lawn open at 3 p.m.
- Checkpoints will be set up, and all bags and parcels will be checked. Guests will be required to enter through a metal detector. For more information about entrances and parking, visit the U.S. Capitol Police website.
- Visitors can bring food, but alcohol is prohibited.
Hi: 69 °F | Lo: 49 °F