Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe appeared on WTOP's Ask The Governor program Wednesday, March 26 at 10 a.m.
Read the governor's comments and some of the user-submitted questions in reverse chronological order below.
by WTOP News3/26/2014 3:57:07 PM
Listen to the entire Ask the Governor program:
by WTOP News3/26/2014 3:45:52 PM
3rd & 7 37yd
3rd & 7 37yd
Good Morning, Your Honor. What is your stance on Marijuana Law reform. I like to think of this issue as separate from drug policy. DO you understand why and could you say the same?
by Brendan McGowan3/26/2014 1:36:28 PM
Good Morning Governor McAuliffe. I have a son with a severe seizure disorder. He has tried over 21 pharmaceuticals, a vagus nerve stimulator, had brain surgery, special diets, all to no avail. I have been in touch with Paige Figi, Charlottes mom... Who is the little girl in Colorado who is successfully treating her similar seizures with medical marijuana. ( they are currently on The Doctors tv program this morning). I am now with a group of parents here in Virginia, fighting to make medical marijuana legal for treating seizures and epilepsy. Our children do not have time to wait ! I would love to speak with you to discuss. Where do you stand on this issue?
by Teresa Elder Brogan3/26/2014 1:33:39 PM
Do you support schools starting before Labor Day. If not, why?
by Frank3/26/2014 1:33:20 PM
Good Morning Governor. I moved to Culpeper and opted for a longer commute because that is what I could afford. I'm not the only one doing this. Are there any plans to improve roads and public transportation on areas like Culpeper that are seeing a growth because they are more affordable?
by Peter from Culpeper3/26/2014 1:33:02 PM
Hello Governor. Please tell me when your employees of the Commonwealth will be allowed true raises. It's been years since we've received a real raise. The little ones we've received haven't even met the cost of living, and were made at the same time that deductions were increase (leaving me with less net pay). I now net $150 less that when I started working for Virginia over 5 years ago. Please pay your employees properly.
by VaEmployee3/26/2014 1:32:40 PM
Good Morning Governor, The number of jobs to the number of applicants is preventing a lot of people from acquiring jobs and getting off unemployment. Do you plan on extending it past the 6 months so people do not end up living on the streets or moving out of your state?
by Melissa3/26/2014 1:16:56 PM
Good Morning Governor, Virginia's unemployment program runs for 6 months. With the number of jobs vs the number of applicants this is causing people to move elsewhere and loose their homes. Is this something you are looking to improve? extended unemployment benefits, more job funding?
by Melissa Long3/26/2014 1:16:50 PM
Governor, After three years, the federal funding for medicaid drops to 90%. Ive heard estimates that the remaining 10 percent would cost the state of Virginia around 300 million dollars. Where do you propose getting the extra funds from?
by Vince From Fairfax3/26/2014 1:15:58 PM
Governor, its been reported that a 100,000 gets a "sit down" with one of your PACS. I thought you said you were going to run a "different" type of administration compared to the previous? Whats the difference between giving to the Governor and his family, and getting a sit-down, compared to giving to a PAC?